WA AIDS Council provides custom built training sessions and courses to professionals to increase awareness and understanding of:
- HIV, STI’s & BBV’s
- Current Epidemiology
- Modes of Transmission
- Completing Risk Assessments
- Prevention & Harm Reduction Strategies
- Confidentiality & Disclosure
- Addressing Stigma & Discrimination
- Current Treatments (including PREP and PEP)
- Client Services
- Information on other STI’s like Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Hep B
- Understanding BBV's (HIV, Hep B & C) in the workplace:
- HIV & Hepatitis (Facts,Transmission & Treatments)
- Recap of Risk assessments
- Prevention and infection control
Sessions can run from 1 ½ hour to 3 hours.
People we work with:
- Family & Social Care Support Workers,
- Physio's & Occupational Therapists,
- Dentists & Dentist Therapists
- High school & University Teachers,
- Travel Agents
- Outreach/Drop in centres
- Organisations that have offices in High prevalence countries or employees travelling to high prevalence countries
Here from clients who attended WA AIDS Council training:
“Thank you so much for providing such informative and practical training to me and my team last week, we thoroughly enjoyed it.
The team has fed back that ‘it was the best way that HIV and AIDS has ever been explained to them’ and that staff member comes from a medical background. They also discussed feeling like they now wanted to be advocates for people that have been diagnosed to help in fighting the stigma and misinformation that is out there.
For me personally, I admired your professionalism and enthusiasm. As well as your confidence and expertise.
Thank you once again, and hopefully we shall meet again in the future.”
“Excellent update, 20 yrs + since last education in formal setting. Would have liked the presentation to have gone longer!”